What’s the Best Time to Post on Social Media for Your Business?
Social media has taken over our everyday lives. And when it comes to marketing your brand, products or services, it’s an opportunity your business can’t afford to do without. You are probably already investing in social media, like the other 40+ million businesses on Facebook or the 25+ million on Instagram. But how can your brand stand out from all the competition?
One way is to use digital best practices on social media. And an ideal place to start is to align the time when you post content with time when your target audience is most active. So, what is the best time to post on your social media channels? Here’s a breakdown of what you need to know.
1. General Settings
Generally, in the United States, half of the country is located in the Eastern Time Zone. Combine it with Central Standard Time Zone, and that’s 75% of the total U.S. population. So, alternating between the two gives you maximum reach.
If you conduct business outside North America, you should find out where your audience lives and what platform are they using. Check out the annual Digital Global Overview from We Are Social to find out more.
People use Facebook pretty much all the time, both from their phones and desktop computers. So, when to post content on Facebook largely depends on the preference of your audience.
- Best time to post is 1-4 p.m. on average (highest click through rate);
- Prime time to post is 12-1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays;
- Best days to post are Wednesday at 3 p.m., Thursday and Friday 1-4 p.m.;
- The worst time to post is between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
Half of U.S. Instagram users are active every day, mainly on their mobile devices. Most of them also interact with content off work rather than during their office hours.
- Best time to post is 3-4 p.m on Mondays and Thursdays (general content);
- Best time to post videos is between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.;
- Prime time is Mondays 8-9 a.m. (early morning commute).
There are no rules where people use Twitter. The difference between activity at work and home, or on mobile and desktop, is insignificant. But in general, it’s associated with a short break.
- Best time to tweet is 12-3 p.m. (highest engagement);
- Prime time is at 12 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5-6 p.m. (peak retweet time and click through);
- Weekdays work best in general.
LinkedIn is a niche social network aimed at professionals, with 25% of all adults in the U.S. using it during weekdays and office hours. However, over half of those users visit their profile once a week.
- Best days to post are Tuesday through Thursday (peak activity);
- Best time to post 7:30-8:30 a.m., 12 p.m., and 5-6 p.m. (highest click through);
- High-performance time for some is 10-11 a.m. on Tuesdays.
Pinterest has been known to attract mostly female audiences and visual professionals (designers and photographers). The channel also has a regular active following of 25% on a daily level.
- Best time to post 3-5 p.m. on Fridays;
- Prime time to post 8-11 p.m. on Saturdays (highest reach);
- In general, users are most active in the evening.
Need Help with Social Media?
Ready to start generating leads via Facebook, Instagram, and others? Contact us today at Exceedion, and our team of savvy online marketing wizards can help you create a winning strategy to tap into the power of social media for your business.