Your website is one of your most important marketing tools. Are you taking full advantage of your websites marketing capabilities and getting the results you want or could be getting? A website redesign doesn’t mean completely redoing your branding or messaging. It is an opportunity to implement or improve your marketing strategy to meet your business goals and grow your business. A website redesign takes time, a well thought our strategy and money but the ROI can be enormous. This article details 5 excellent reasons it’s time to redesign your website.
You’re Not Getting the Number of Leads and Customers You Want – or Could Be Getting
Today, your website is one of your most valuable marketing tools. Are you getting the results you want or feels you could be? If not, it’s time for a redesign. Establishing monthly key metrics reporting provides insights on visits-to-leads and leads-to-customers that can give you a clear picture of your websites performance and opportunities for improvements.
- Are your calls-to-action converting visitors to leads and leads to customers?
- Are your landing pages and content offers engaging your audience, solving their challenges and enticing them to click?
- Does your website visually align with your brand and speak directly to your targeted audience?
If the answer to any of these is “no” or “I don’t know”, you’re missing opportunities to fully utilize your website as a marketing tool to grow your business.
Your Customers Can’t Find You on Search or Your Competition is Beating You
Search is one of the primary ways your potential customers find your business and your competitors businesses. Today, 57% of the buyer’s journey happens before a customer contacts a business. Potential customers are educating themselves, researching businesses and forming opinions. It’s critical that your business is easily found by potential customers during that period.
- Are you ranking organically on page one for the keywords your potential customers are searching to find your product or service or solve their challenges?
- Do you know what keywords your customers are using to search for your products or services and are you using SEO best practices to rank for those keywords?
- Are you producing and distributing quality, relevant and consistent keyword rich content to solve the challenges of your targeted audience?
If the answer is “no” or “I don’t know” to any of these, it’s time to consider a website redesign and marketing strategy to increase visits, generate leads and convert leads into customers.
Your Website is Not Responsive
We’ve all looked around at some point and noticed that everyone is “on their phone”. Today more time is being spent on mobile devices than ever. It’s critical that your website look and function flawlessly on mobile devices or you’re likely missing out on leads and customers. A responsive website seamlessly adapts to any screen size (desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile) providing an optimized user experience. Further, in 2015 Google started using mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal, rewarding responsive websites in search as noted by Forbes.
- Is your website responsive? Take the mobile friendly test to find out.
If not, you’ve been missing out on opportunities and should make mobile responsive website redesign a business priority for 2017.
Your Marketing Strategy is Out of Date
Simply having a website is not enough. Businesses need to utilize their website as a “marketing tool”. That means making a strategic effort to improve your search position, to build awareness by creating and distributing blog posts, to generate leads with calls-to-actions and lead generating landing pages, and to close deals by nurturing leads into customers with an understanding of the buyer’s journey. If you just have a website – without a marketing strategy, you are missing out on opportunities to grow your business.
- Have you defined your customer’s challenges and does your website solve them?
- Are you measuring monthly visits-to-leads and leads-to-customer’s metrics?
- Do you have at least one landing page to capture leads?
If not, consider a website redesign based on modern marketing strategies to grow your business.
A website redesign can be a major decision for businesses. It takes time, planning and money. However, if you are not getting the results you want or could be, are not being found when someone searches for your product or services, are providing a poor mobile experience, or aren’t using your website as a marketing tool guided by goals and a strategy you are missing out on business opportunities. The return on investment redesigning your website is worth the time and money.